Planning - Contribute to the planning of work programmes to maximise overall efficiency; and to assist other members of the team as required to carry out the planned work programmes
2. Work Site Activity- Maintenance of the facilities instrumentation and control systems during normal operation as well as planned and unplanned shutdown periods, using internationally accepted standards and Cairn India Integrity procedures and guidelines
3. Personal/ Team Performance Measurement and Improvement - Develop self and team in line with set criteria and standards using Cairn India performance measurement and improvement tools and guidelines.
4. Communication and Information - Support the facilities Communications Guidelines and provide quality information concerning all aspects of work and equipment status to supervisor and colleagues using existing reporting protocol
5. Emergency Response - The post holder will be expected to perform Emergency Response duties as defined in the ERP and company standards
6. Scope - Maintenance of instrumentation and control systems in designated sections of the plant and Interfield pipelines, and mentoring and training of Junior staff in their relevant discipline.
1. Degree , Chemical, Petroleum or Scientific discipline and a minimum of 5 years experience within the offshore or onshore production field. Well developed fault finding capabilities. Good communication and organisation skills. Working knowledge of control room equipment. Awareness and commitment to Cairn India environmental expectations.
2. Has sufficient technical understanding of assigned facilities to be able to make informed decisions that ensure Cairn India priorities are met and maintained. Able to recognise risks, hazards, losses and prevent conflicts between activities.
1. Well developed interpersonal and coaching skills, self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision and a strong sense of team involvement. Work in a manner consistent with the operations philosophy and with a heightened awareness of HSE.
2. Able to work with other teams and team leaders through influencing and negotiation to avoid conflict and arrive at the best overall outcome from a business and HSE perspective. Further requirements are open mindedness, the ability to challenge conventional methods of working and team demarcation lines and to examine options and possible solutions.
Possesses a working knowledge of Cairn India s HSEMS, HSE, SWP s, technical integrity Codes and Practices, and applicable legislation.
1. Planning : Assist Maintenance Superintendent with the planning and scheduling of plant and equipment shutdown programmes.
2. Work Site Activity :
a. Investigation, repair faults and testing of site and area instrument and control equipment.
b. Perform first line maintenance and reporting faults on instrument equipment and systems.
c. Identify, prepare and apply instrument isolations.
d. Assist with routine shutdown and shutdown maintenance activities.
e. Assist with routine shutdown and shutdown maintenance activities.
f. Supervise and coach junior staff.
g. Participate in Job Safety Analysis (JSA) process and review conclusions.
i. Monitor construction work sites for compliance with Permit to Work and company standards.
j. Document review e.g. Maintenance Procedures, modification work packs etc.
k. Prepare Daily maintenance equipment status Logs.
l. Ensure that all records/ logs/ certificates are maintained and updated to provide evidence of terminal conformance to Cairn India HSE standards.
m. Participate in MoC review process.
n. Support commissioning and optimisation of new and modified plant.
o. Maintenance of site and area Certified Equipment e.g. Fire & Gas systems.
p. Construction and pre- commissioning where the work will be agreed and led by the Maintenance Superintendent or Vendor.
q. Carry out modifications to Cairn India and statutory standards and codes.
r. Provide technical support.
t. Testing and official witness acceptance of construction and vendor modifications.
u. Manage instrument maintenance priorities, vendor performance and repair tracking system.
v. Be aware of, and implement rules and regulations based upon statutory and company requirements.
w. Update integrity and re- certification documentation and records within the maintenance management system.
x. Ensure where performance standards have not been met that the correct plans are in place to resolve.
Performance Measurement and Review
1.Enter quality data into maintenance management system, to ensure accurate plant and equipment information is maintained.
2. Monitor performance of systems by use of watch keeping processes.
3. Support Continuous Improvement initiatives.
4. Maintain competency of junior staff by identifying training requirements for individuals and ensuring they are met.
5. Permit and isolation audits, control and monitor permits and long term Isolations.
6. Where applicable follow up of safety actions - review and implement HSE actions.
7. Area inspections and Safety Audit tours.
8. Develop and put in place plans to achieve targets set in performance contracts.
Communication and Information :
Attend safety briefings and pre job safety talks and actively participate
Maintain detailed daily logs.
Ongoing dialogue with Supervisors & other shift teams.
Maintain contact with other sites and production groups.
Liaise closely with maintenance teams.
Interface with contractors and third parties.
Safety Critical Tasks :
Fulfil designated role in emergency team as required.
Carry out required instrument system isolations to Cairn India standards.
Shutdown system maintenance and testing.
Fire & Gas system maintenance and testing.
Maintaining plant and equipment to minimise potential for fugitive losses and accidental oil and chemical spills.
Use Waste Management System to contribute to terminal objectives and targets for waste handling and reduction.
Understanding the environmental emissions and resource use and effects from terminal equipment.
Understanding the regulatory objectives and targets in each area.
Coaching and Developing :
Ability to interact with all staff.
Provide proactive input to junior staff training programme to ensure development aspirations and targets are met.
Actively encourage development over and above core skills.
Provide regular feedback to line management regarding junior staff progress and requirements.
- Experience 5-10 year(s)
- Positions 1
- Industry /